Even though you rank higher in SERPs and get more traffic and visits, the user friendliness of your website may be poor. Besides implementing proper SEO techniques and methods there are also other factors that need to be considered. Here are some factors which can improve the usability of the website,
1. The content must be simple and clear. Write meaningful content without any misspellings and errors in it.
2. The bandwidth depends on the factors like website content, downloadable files and website traffic. Determine and analyze the bandwidth required for your website. Manage and limit your website bandwidth accordingly.
3. Compress the size of large images to make it download faster. Try to reduce the image size without losing its quality.
4. If the website takes more time to download the visitors leave away the site before reading the content. So make sure that the time taken to download the website is less. You can check for the website download speed using tools like pingdom, iwebtool ,website optimization tool etc..
5. The customers must be able to access all the pages of the website. So navigation must be made easy for the visitors to feel more comfortable when they are lost in the middle. Internal linking, breadcrumbs and website sitemap can be added to provide multiple ways for the user to find where they can find and access the remaining pages.
6. Create a custom search engine which gives personalized search results for any query entered by the users. This makes the users find the information they want easily.
7. Create a custom 404 page that includes navigational links when the customers find difficult to access a page when returns an error message. This helps visitors to navigate to the website when they click a link with broken link, typo error or 404 not found page.
8. Having broken links and dead links in the website looks unprofessional. Check for any broken links using Google webmaster tools and fix them.
9. The contact address or feedback form should be made very clear. Include all the necessary contact details of your business and ensure that the forms are validated properly.
Make your website user friendly. There should be an effective presentation in the website that welcomes the users back again and again. Regularly track your website and take steps accordingly to improve its performance.
Disclaimer: The post is completely based on individual thoughts and SEO Services Group bears no responsibilities for the thoughts reflected in the post.