Niche is a small area of a much larger market. A Niche site is a website targeted on a single definite topic very strongly. For example, a typical software company’s website might have areas about web development ,web design,Search engine marketing and so on. Whereas a niche site would be focused solely on one area (for example, ‘web design’). Most of the web is composed of sites with hundreds of pages and only a general theme across the whole site. Breaking a broad market down into niches is an effective way of grabbing the attention of your targeted users. You can get more specific visitors from search engines and other web sites, by this way.
The Internet is the place where most of the people search for the products and information and they use search engine to find them.Your website should be listed among the first 10 results of the search engine to get notified for your targeted keyword. Your choice of particular niche or theme will be a main factor to achieve high rankings in search Engines.
To promote your Niche website , you need to place the ads and the links at the right places. For that you have to identify your target audience first to determine your niche (i.e) Which type of people are you zooming in on? Adults or children or Business people. Then promote your website according to your target audience.
Here are my few tips to consider when promoting a niche website:
- Submit your website in Niche directories because they are usually much smaller and have far fewer listings than regular paid directories. Through this submission you can gain a relevant and visible link to your site a lot easily. For ex: If your website is based on ‘web design’, submit your sites based on the web design directory sites.
- One of the best way to promote your niche is Video. It can demonstrate the virtues of your niche or product in a couple of minutes.
- In order to build up your niche in professional way you have to search for releted themed popular web sites, forums and blogs. By posting your comments you can get backlinks from those sites. Be sure to post quality comments in your niche forum rather than giving much importance to quantity.
- You can promote your website by providing some information-rich articles . Make sure to include your niche keywords in the content. While doing so, keep track of preferred keyword density and placement. The wrong articles can provide you with little increase in web traffic but also very low search engine rankings if they do not fit in properly with your niche.
- Social Media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin etc is becoming a powerful tool to market your niche website. Do not use personal profile to promote your niche website. InTwitter, follow the people who are discuss the topic based on your niche and also seek followers from your industry/niche. Choose your logo as your avatar to draw attention to it. In Facebook, you can create your own separate fan page for website promotion.
- It is important to learn the language of your niche market since each market segment has its own way of talking. It doesn’t mean that you need to have expertise in the your Niche field. All you have to do is, spend some time in learning the buzzwords of that particular niche. When you speak the language of your niche market, it will be more helpful for them to relate to you and your business better.
Disclaimer: The post is completely based on individual thoughts and SEO Services Group bears no responsibilities for the thoughts reflected in the post.