One of the essential and easy way of handling any project can be perfectly done using the tools. These tools play a major role for search engine optimizers as well to perform their tasks in a faster and more effective manner. The most important factor is to achieve higher rank in SERP is the amount of links you gain for your website / web pages. In order to track those inbound links, there are various tools available.
Here are the four online tools for tracking inbound links and these tools have its own individuality in their tracking process.
Majestic SEO is still the king of backlink intelligence. With the help of Majestic SEO tool user can access
- Sub domains
- Referring domains
- Indexed Anchor Text
- NoFollow links
This tool offers a “daily update” feature that provides a daily journal of new inbound links. Once you register, you can avail the service for your website free. This makes the user to track information about any domain, their web site and their competitors.
- One of the unfortunate drawbacks of Majestic SEO, as they themselves are quick to point out, there is no ability to sort by keywords.
- This tool is not as simplest form as other tools.
2. Page Inlink Analyzer
This tool combines a left side column listing of indexed pages for the site being researched and the inbound links to the focus URL in the right column. For any URL you provide, you will be offered the valuable data. The page level and domain level inlink counts are reported for each inbound link as well as the number of Delicious bookmarks for each link and the associated keyword tags.
- Unlike Google and Yahoo tools, we cannot access these without downloading.
- Loading process is slow in retrieving the data.
3. Google Webmaster Tools:
In order to access Google Webmaster Tools, you will need a Google account to login. It is a free service provided by Google to help new and experienced webmaster check on their indexing and raise the visibility of their website(s). The Links tab shows you where your pages are linked, both externally and internally.
- Webmaster Tools doesn’t distinguish between followed and nofollowed links.
4. Yahoo! Site Explorer
Yahoo! Site Explorer allows you to explore all the web pages indexed by Yahoo! Search. It is a familiar as well as free tool for analyzing and tracking inbound links for users’ own and their competitors’ sites.
- Provides upto 1000 inbound links to any page indexed by Yahoo.
- One can determine the number pages within a domain indexed by SLURP, Yahoo’s search engine crawler.
- Exclude inbound links from the domain and the subdomain.
- There is no supply of link attributres such as anchor text or no follow.
- No authority information on the linking site.
As per the recent news, Bing is going to overtake Yahoo search engine part, it is expected that Yahoo will close their site explorer service. Since Yahoo is an extensive backlink tracker tool and it has become the first choice of many, the absence of site explorer might give more burden to SEO‘s. Hope Bing to provide better service than Yahoo Site Explorer.
Using these tracking tools, users can have the better understanding about their backlinks. In future, backlink tracking tools with additional features will help the users to get more beneficial results. Are you aware of any such tools? do share it with us!
Disclaimer: The post is completely based on individual thoughts and SEO Services Group bears no responsibilities for the thoughts reflected in the post.