Before we dive deep into the unfathomable sea of Googleâ€™s technology and search engine optimization, we should know more about snippets. Let us read what experts in SEO and Googleâ€™s technologies said about snippets.
What Is Snippets?
Snippets is nothing but a compendium of a post or page. A Google search result lists for â€œAnma Massage Therapyâ€ with the rich snippet outlined in red, to denote that a searcher or seeker is looking for a result and according to the search the result is shown in the name of snippets. Snippets is a sure result or more likely the result as searched by a searcher. Snippets comes at the top of the page and it depends good SEO. Albeit, there are no hard and fast criteria or rules of SEO that you can follow to give a post or page a snippets.
A rich snippets is nothing but an additional piece of information that search engine is capable to know or find on the page, utilized to improve the searcherâ€™s understanding of the value of a page. More technically, a rich snippets is a term that is used to say the structured data markup that a website or blog operators can add to their existing HTML, which in turn give search engines to better information and understanding what information is generally considered on each web page.
How to Get the Rich Snippets?
Every web master and blogger wishes to have a good rank of their website and or blog. The competition is very high these days, because there are millions and millions of blogs and websites floating in the web, even most of them are on same niche, so it is hard to push their rank and get the rich snippets. Even though it is hard, but not possible to do with proper search engine optimization. Here, in this post we have discussed what the rich snippets is and now we are about to discuss how do you get the rich snippets.
Earlier, things in SEO are different in the web world, not the things changed and chancing even and anon. If you are a dick or harry and try to compete the giant blogs and websites and try to get on the top of the search engine results pages applying general SEO techniques and also with the rich snippets, we must say it is not that easy. Let us see the general rules of getting the rich snippets for your blog post or web page.
1. Few tools are there which can guide you to do the SEO of your blog post or web page that would push your post or page to get the rich snippets.
2. Your entire web page or blog content or the post or page you are targeting to push high on the search engine results page should be unique and high in standard.
3. As you know content is everything in a blog or web page. A visitor will come to your blog or website to find some information related to your products and or services. So to get the rich snippets preview on search engineâ€™s top of the result pages, you need to maintain your content.
4. Your content should be unique and written with relevant keywords that your visitors or searchers will get to know and search engines will find the keywords in your content to push the post or web page rank high.
5. Collect reviews and comments that help push your posts or pages to touch the ladder of first or second rank of SERP.
6. Use paid advertisement to promote your web page or post that helps you get rank, as the rank will improve the better the chances you will have to get rich snippets of your blog post or web page.
There is a hope for smaller rivals in the rich snippets, which is all the required tools and techniques to follow, but the tools should be used properly and techniques should be implemented accurately. If you use the above given things or described facts accurately, you will more likely to have rich snippets for your blog post or web pages.
Sunny Chawla is a Marketing Manager at seocompanyexperts. A leading ecommerce seo agency with ethical approach to digital marketing. He would love to share thoughts on social media marketing, SEO, SEM etc.